eICU Technical Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STI Gen 3 server disconnect issues

Go down

STI Gen 3 server disconnect issues Empty STI Gen 3 server disconnect issues

Post  MStokes Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:43 pm

It's been kind of quiet around here so I thought I would throw something in.
We have been replacing our Axis AV servers with the new STI Gen3 servers. I recently finished one ICU with 32 beds.
Shortly after we began to receive reports that users were unable to access vid assessment on some random servers getting a message that an "unknown user has camera control". It would not let them go past this and the camera icon did not indicate the camera was in use. Initially we thought this was a user issue and that they were not taking time to click disconnect in 2way video and just going to the next patient in census. Their only option was to have an ICU nurse cycle power to the STI server.
Eventually the issue became more frequent in the COR and we logged an issue with Visicu support.
After some research they replied that this is a known issue and are waiting on a firmware update from STI. They also said the issue is fixed in v3.8.
Just thought I would pass this on, since I know a lot of us are looking at replacing old Axis servers. Any one else run into this issue with the Gen3 servers? I have a lot of older STI's and they did not seem to have this issue.

Mark S- Ohio

MStokes

Back to top Go down