eICU Technical Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eCare Manager Memory Error when I close the application

3 posters

Go down

eCare Manager Memory Error when I close the application Empty eCare Manager Memory Error when I close the application

Post  Nhemeon Wed May 18, 2011 10:07 am

When you close eCare Manager while reading a Note under Notes view, a memory error will occur. I know someone had said it was an adobe issue. If they could comment on a fix or if VISICU said what the problem was that would be great.

Nhemeon

Back to top Go down

eCare Manager Memory Error when I close the application Empty Acrobat version

Post  JohnEfta Wed May 18, 2011 11:27 am

We/ve had to stay at Adobe Acrobat Reader v8.2.6 to avoid the memory error, you'll notice acrord32.exe runs when viewing a Note, on newer 9.x and greater, it does not run and gets "absorbed" into ecaremgr.exe
I have the below info from Visicu but did not find it accurate, at least in our environment.
With Acrobat 9.2 installed:
• Win XP w/ IE 7 – issue occurred (as expected)
• Win XP w/ IE 8 – issue occurred
• Win 7 w/ IE 8 – no issues

With Acrobat 10 installed:
• Win XP w/ IE 7 – no issues
• Win XP w/ IE 8 – no issues
• Win 7 w/ IE 8 – no issues

JohnEfta

Back to top Go down

eCare Manager Memory Error when I close the application Empty Adobe Memory Error

Post  JoeLi Wed May 18, 2011 12:45 pm

The Issue is with Adobe. Since Visicu doesnt modify their code at the rate that Adobe can, the Adobe application will throw the error when exiting eCM if the last screen viewed was a note.

Adobe needed to correct their application due to a security vulerability that allowed hackers to penetrate their code within Adobe Reader.

To prevent the Memory Error:stay at Adobe 8, however, this should be considered dangerous since you are exposing your enterprise to known high security risks. You should consider the security of your enterprise by updating the Adobe version as recommended by Adobe.

Just a thought: It's much easier to provide training to your users to understand why the error appears, than to expose your system to security threats.

JoeLi

Back to top Go down

eCare Manager Memory Error when I close the application Empty So far..

Post  JohnEfta Wed May 18, 2011 12:52 pm

Adobe has continued to offer patches and support for versions 8.x , 9.x and 10.x, so if you have 8.2.6 it is current and secure, passes Nessus securty scan also. Of course this will not last for ever. But I would also think, since Visicu relies on a PDF viewer, they would approve of one that it can work with that does not produce an error on exit.

JohnEfta

Back to top Go down

eCare Manager Memory Error when I close the application Empty Re: eCare Manager Memory Error when I close the application

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down