eICU Technical Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audio-Out, random issue since v3.71

3 posters

Go down

Audio-Out, random issue since v3.71 Empty Audio-Out, random issue since v3.71

Post  JohnEfta Wed May 18, 2011 11:36 am

Since our v3.71 upgrade on 4/12, I've been called 2 separate times on 2 separate eICU Core PC's where our eICU Nurse could not be heard in any ICU that had STI servers( the Axis servers worked OK).Apparently, the sound-out disappears, on one PC, a reboot did not fix the problem, but reinstalling the ecmclient msi and clearing out the apps\2.o folder to allow the OneClick to reinstall did. On the 2nd PC that did not work but it started working later after I switched it with a loaner, then both worked. Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited by JohnEfta on Wed May 18, 2011 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

JohnEfta

Back to top Go down

Audio-Out, random issue since v3.71 Empty Re: Audio-Out, random issue since v3.71

Post  orthk Wed May 18, 2011 12:26 pm

We just upgraded one of our new hospitals with STI. Unfortunately, it was the old 1st generation boxes. When we tested with our eICU, the audio into the rooms was very low (sounding almost like whispers). We had user put the microphone right on their mouth and the audio into room got tremendously better. Almost like night and day. We have the eICU purchasing better headsets to hopefully help with that issue.

We haven't had the random COR workstation issue for no audio in. But this is good to know along with the fix. Thank you.

orthk

Back to top Go down

Audio-Out, random issue since v3.71 Empty Re: Audio-Out, random issue since v3.71

Post  Nhemeon Wed May 18, 2011 3:06 pm

We did report a issue with the Axis servers and 3.7.1 where you have to mute and unmute the line after you ring the doorbell. Are you seeing any issues when the nurse talks into the room after the doorbell or do they try and speak as soon as they camera in? If it's after the doorbell, you may have to mute and unmute the mic.

Nhemeon

Back to top Go down

Post  orthk Wed May 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Ohhhh....that is a good question. I believe they did try with the doorbell. However, when we tested, we did doorbell and not doorbell. I am not sure if they tried mute/unmute though when we were testing.

orthk

Back to top Go down

Audio-Out, random issue since v3.71 Empty Hope that is it.....

Post  JohnEfta Wed May 18, 2011 4:08 pm

Nhemeon wrote:
We did report a issue with the Axis servers and 3.7.1 where you have to mute and unmute the line after you ring the doorbell. Are you seeing any issues when the nurse talks into the room after the doorbell or do they try and speak as soon as they camera in? If it's after the doorbell, you may have to mute and unmute the mic.

Next time I see this, I'll ask them to try the mute/umute. Although once it started with no audio-out, it was like that in all rooms regardless of bell, and I would think they have to at least unmute each time they go into a room, reagradless if they use the bell, but will keep this in mind. Thanks

JohnEfta

Back to top Go down

Audio-Out, random issue since v3.71 Empty Noticed this was on Axis for you...

Post  JohnEfta Fri May 20, 2011 4:44 pm

Nhemeon wrote:

Our Audio-out problem was only on STI rooms, the Axis worked fine while the STI did not.

JohnEfta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum